Tuesday, March 11, 2014

"Well, there was a change of plans..."




Elder LaBar is the AP in the middle who I'm replacing... and my old and new comp Elder Aldunate!



Saying goodbye to my old roommate Elder Dean who is the new ZL in Pasto, whoooo!



Pics from the baptisms we had last week!






Pics from Zone Leader Council, courtesy of Hermana Prince's blog





Hiya familia camo estannn??

So what a week this has been! Started off great in Popayan. We had 3 baptisms set up for Saturday and 2 others for next Saturday, we had the wedding of Diana and Andres coming up for Wednesday this week and a bunch of branch activities to get everyone excited! 
 
Well, there was a change of plans...

We had the ZL Council like normal on Thursday, which was amazing. President realizes he has little time left and so he really wants to get the mission running like a machine for the new commander in chief. 
 
It was at the end of the meeting that President pulled me over to the side and extended me the call to come into the office to serve as one of his assistants. That changed pretty much all of the plans I had because I had to go to back to Popayan get my stuff and head right back to Cali. And it has been pedal to the metal ever since. 
 
We are preparing for 27 new missionaries who will arrive on Wednesday and that is cause for hectic preparation. There is so much to plan! So many little details that can't be forgotten. It is a little stressful but it's fun planning all of this with the President. 

I am going to be replacing Elder LaBar who is going to be training one of those missionaries getting here tomorrow. My new comp, if you can believe it, is my old comp Elder Aldunate! It will be fun working with him again, definitely an opportunity I am really looking forward to. 

I realize this doesn't change anything, I still have the same purpose to fulfill, just in a new way. Something exciting is that starting this transfer the APs have their own area. Before, they shared an area with the rest of the office. Now we will be doing tons of divisions and we need to have an area as an example. So I am not worried about not being able to proselyte, just the opposite. 

It was super sad to leave Popayan, especially because I didn't get much time to say goodbye to many. I am hoping I will be able to head back down there one time before I leave. I am excited to get to work closely with President right when he is about to leave. I hope to learn a lot and put all I have into these last few months of my mission in the office. 

Well that's all I have time for.. Love you all and have a great week!

Elder Eliason

Oh.. and my P-days are now on Saturdays. So everyone has to write me on Friday night now! Don't forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment