Friday, February 7, 2014

"I know the Lord knows me and knows what mission experience I need to become what He wants me to become."

Q´hubo familiaa! 

Good to be writing again! 

First of all I will tell you all about the key investigators we are working with...

Familia Medina: This is Andres who I have told you about before, we have been working a lot with his whole family. We are trying to help his son get married and him as well. We really want to focus on them because they are a family with such great potential. I feel like one of the reasons I was sent here was to help this family accept the Gospel. Andres keeps going to church as if he was already a member, he also applies scripture reading and family prayer to keep his family united. 

This week we shared a special scritpure with him to help out with his frustration that he can't get baptized yet. (Mosiah 21:33-35)

 33 And it came to pass that king Limhi and many of his people were desirous to be baptized; but there was none in the land that had authority from God. And Ammon declined doing this thing, considering himself an unworthy servant. 
 34 Therefore they did not at that time form themselves into a church, waiting upon the Spirit of the Lord. Now they were desirous to become even as Alma and his brethren, who had fled into the wilderness. 
 35 They were desirous to be baptized as a witness and a testimony that they were willing to serve God with all their hearts; nevertheless they did prolong the time; and an account of their baptism shall be given hereafter.

This people also could not be baptized at the time they wanted to. But they waited "upon the Spirit of the Lord." They were patient in tribulations and did what they could to show God their faith and willingness to keep on. We applied it to his life and he understood what was needed to be done. If he got frustrated it would have been hard to stay faithful, but we have faith he will be okay.

Cristian: He had left on a 3 week trip with his dad who is a truck driver and just now got back. We went and went over ther interview questions and helped him out with a few questions he had on the Book of Mormon. He is going great and is excited to be back in church. He is ready to be baptized but we aren't sure if it will be this week or the next. 

Also President Prince has made a few changes with our recent goals as a mission. With the new "Work of Salvation" plan the Prophet has put into action we will be focusing a lot of our efforts on the rescue. We now have goals for rescued members as well as confirmations. This is exciting as missionary because we know that the members are going to be way involved in this process! We are going to see a great increase in real growth here in Colombia. 

It is super weird how time is flying by so fast... I feel like I was just a new missionary. I feel somewhat apprehensive about where I am now at in my mission. I am so grateful for being sent here, I know the Lord knows me and knows what mission experience I need to become what He wants me to become. I have felt impressions about certain things, I have experienced that have been personal lessons from the Lord. These don't always come at once, but as I strive to learn what He wants me to learn the things that don't make sense usually become clear. I feel like some of the people I have met have been people just for me and my comp to find and teach. I feel like I have known them for a long time. It is amazing how your vision of life and God can change so quickly when you lose your life in His service. 

I hope everyone knows that I feel the prayers on my behalf! Thanks for everything! 

Elder Eliason


Birthday party for Ivan and Camilo the converts! 

New comp Elder Joglar!

Elder Muñoz with his long hair, he is from a tribe in Ecuador and he is allowed to have his hair like that, cool huh?

Good friend and roommate Elder Dean from Provo

No comments:

Post a Comment