Friday, July 27, 2012

"Keep praying for Visas to come!"


Que tal mi familia!
What a week it has been here! It has been an unexpected week here no doubt! I had thought I was going to be in Colombia right now but the Visa people had other things planned. Oh well, I know there is a reason why I am still here and there is nothing I can do about it so I am just going to make the most out of whatever I get! And it means I get to spend more time with my district who I have grown to love so much! It is crazy how I feel like they have been my bestfriends my whole life and yet we have only known each other for 3 weeks. I am glad you have seen some of them through Chelsea's pics. It's so fun to see her everytime I have gym time! It was also fun to talk to Codes and Mom for about 4 minutes last friday too. But also weird haha...
So this week we have been focusing on how to help our investigators receive revelation through prayer and in our lessons Elder Whitney and I are having trouble getting them to feel comfortable to pray. So we prayed about it and focused personal and comp study to figure out what we can say/use to get them to pray for us. It is SO important that they pray with us there and not just by themselves so that they can have a spiritual experience right then and there, and also to feel of the spirit while we are there teaching of truth. 

For we know that we can not come to know truth without prayer. What we found was a story in the B.O.M. that fit our investigator perfectly, the story of Aaron teaching the father of King Lamoni in Alma 22. Verse 18 really caught my attention and I knew that I should share it, so I did and it couldn't have gone better. He acknowledged that he 'felt' that it was true! And we also got a soft baptismal commitment. 

After the lesson Hermano McCallister told us that he was amazed at our Español! During the lessons I just think in Spanish better. Even though the lessons are somewhat "pretend" the Lord really sends His real Spirit there when we are testifying and it is so wonderful that I get to experience that here in the MTC. I just love teaching the lessons. I need to keep studying the PMG lessons to make sure I teach the doctrine that it tells me to. I find myself going off on tangents too much and that is something Hermano McCallister has told me. If you would have told me that I would be teaching full lessons totally in Spanish in only the 3rd week I would have been really scared, but it is amaxing how far I've come already! 

 I actually ran into a native Colombian today in the laundry room who is going to Vegas, he saw the Colombia shirt I got at the bookstore and told me he was from there! He knows very limited English so we just spoke Spanish. It was SO cool. Natives sound SO sweet. I can't wait to be surrounded by them! He spoke really fast but I was able carry on the conversation even though I'm sure I said some things wrong haha. He is from Bogota and I asked him what came to his mind when he thinks of Cali and he said, "Las drogas y las mujeres"  which means drugs and women, haha. I got a good laugh out of that.
Well looks like my time is up, I have so much to say but such little time to say it!!! I just want to let you ALL know that I am so excited each and every day to represent the Lord Jesus Christ. Sometimes I think I am unqualified for such a sacred calling, but then I remember that it is not us who is at the head of this work. In Him I can do anything. And that includes invite His children to come unto Christ and partake of the blessings that this gospel brings. I love my Heavenly Father and am so grateful for my time as one of His servants. Anyways got to go. We get to go to the Temple for the first time today because it has been closed!
Have a great week!

I love you all!

ps. please keep praying for Visas to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment